Recipe for peanut butter, chocolate glazed vanilla cookies
Christmas is upon us as we bid November farewell. In Africa and in Uganda to be specific, celebrations must always be accompanied by good food. A cookie as you go about the big day’s chores will help make work move swiftly. However, we are not buying them because making these will fill the house with an amazing aroma that makes Christmas even more memorable.
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ kg of chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Line the baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Then, in a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter with the sugar
- Set that aside and then mix peanut butter, egg, and vanilla before adding it in the first mix.
- Mix it all together and then add baking soda, followed by a few tablespoons of sprinkles.
- Scoop some dough and roll it into nice round dough pieces ready for the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Allow them to cool for 5 minutes as you melt the chocolate
- Then dip the cookies into the chocolate and allow it to drip off
- Place the cookies on a rack, put the sprinkles and then put them in the refrigerator for 5 minutes for the chocolate to hold well.
Enjoy your Christmas treat.